- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT DO THEY DO?
Cookies are files that are downloaded onto the computer/smartphone/tablet of the user (“the User”) when accessing certain websites and applications. They enable the storage and retrieval of User data.
They are used to guarantee websites’ quality, usability and correct functioning, as well as to store and retrieve information about browsing habits on them and to customize their contents. On occasion they can be used to recognize a website user.
- WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
There are different categories of cookies, broken down by different criteria. A cookie can be included in more than one category:
- Depending on the entity that manages them
- Proprietary cookies: Our cookies are those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by Amics del MNAC and from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third party cookies: Third party cookies are those sent to the user’s device (from a computer or domain that may or may not be managed by Amics del MNAC) by another entity that processes the data collected by the cookie for its own purposes.
Our proprietary cookies are identified in this policy by the indication that the owner is “Amics del MNAC”. The rest are the property of the third parties indicated in each case. In the section “What cookies do we use at Amics del MNAC?
”, if you click on the name of the third party you can access their respective cookie policies, including what transfers to third countries they make, if any.
- Depending on the length of time they remain activated on your device
- Session cookies and persistent cookies: Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the User accesses the website (the “Website”). The information is retained only during the session, and disappears when the session ends. Persistent cookies, however, store User information for a longer period of time, and they can be accessed and processed by the party responsible for each cookie during that period. This period varies from cookie to cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Depending on its purpose
- Technical cookies (required): These cookies allow the Website to function correctly and are essential so that the User can use all the Website options and can browse and use its functions normally.
- Preference or personalization cookies: These are the cookies that make it possible to retain information, so that you can access the Website with features that can differentiate your experience from that of other Users. One example would be the Website appearance or content, which may vary depending on the type of browser you use.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: These cookies make it possible to quantify the number of users and how much time they remain connected, in order to measure and statistically analyse the use they make of the services offered.
- Advertising cookies: These are the cookies that make it possible to most efficiently manage the advertising spaces, if any, that have been included on the website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies enable the effective management of advertising spaces that may have been included on the Website, through the storage of information about User behaviour, obtained thanks to the continued observation of their browsing habits. This makes it possible to develop a specific profile to display advertising matched to the profile.
- WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AT AMICS DEL MNAC?
Below you can see the cookies used on the Website.
- HOW CAN I DISABLE COOKIES?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer at any time by means of the personalization options offered by the browser you use. Please note that if you disable all cookies, some Website features or content may be affected and the quality of your experience may therefore be reduced, but it will not prevent you from accessing the content.
These settings are located in the “OPTIONS” or “PREFERENCES” menu of your browser. Below, you will find links to disable cookies for each browser by following the instructions:
- From the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- Click on the “Privacy” tab.
- You can configure “Privacy” with a six-position cursor that allows you to control the number of cookies that will be installed: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- At the top of the Firefox window click on the Tools menu.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select the “Privacy & Security” panel.
- In the Firefox option you can choose to “Use custom settings for history” to configure the options.
- Click the menu on the toolbar.
- Select “Settings”.
- Click “Privacy and security”.
- In the “Privacy and security” section, click “Cookies and other site data”.
- In this section, you can configure the options.
- In the settings menu, select the “Preferences” option.
- The “Privacy” tab will open.
- Select the option you want from the “Block Cookies” section.
- Remember that certain features and full website functionality may not be available after cookies are disabled.
In order for Website users to have the possibility of preventing Google Analytics
from using their data, Google has developed a disabling plug-in for Google browsers, available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- COOKIES ON MOBILE DEVICES
Cookies and other storage systems are also used when you access the Website from mobile devices.
As with computer browsers, mobile device browsers allow changes to privacy settings or options to disable or delete cookies.
If you want to change your privacy settings, follow the instructions indicated by the developer of your mobile browser.
Here are some examples of links that will guide you through changing the privacy settings on your mobile device:
- ACCEPTING, CONFIGURING OR REJECTING COOKIES, AND MORE INFORMATION
Our Cookie Settings panel allows you to manage the installation of cookies, as well as reject their use or withdraw any consent already granted, at any time and as often as you wish.
Change your consent
We inform you that if you block or do not accept the installation of cookies, you may not be able to access certain Website services or they may not be available.
Date of last update: June 2022